Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of MAINTENANCE MANAGER at TAMASSA RESORT, MAURITIUS.
Reporting to the General Manager of Tamassa Resort, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of the Maintenance department and its activities to ensure optimal operational effectiveness as well as to promote a safe environment across the resort’s premise to all Team Members and Guests. The Maintenance Manager will actively participate in the facilitation and coordination of all renovation and refurbishment projects at Tamassa Resort whilst ensuring that all projects are achieved on schedule and budget.
By working in close collaboration with the Group Maintenance Manager, the ideal candidate will also be responsible to ensure that the resort’s premises and its building systems are adequately maintained to the best possible standards to preserve its maximum value and extend the asset life of the property.
- Align with the Group’s strategy and fully understand the short and long term goals of the resort.
- Oversee all maintenance operations of Tamassa Resort including Guest rooms, resort’s infrastructure as per the preventive maintenance, energy conservation standards and programs.
- Manage and supervise the installation, repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and perform systematic inspection in order to ensure that they are in good working conditions and operating normally within expected parameters.
- Direct and monitor all projects pertaining to design and renovation to ensure that they are completed effectively and efficiently according to established timeframes and within allocated budget.
- Communicate regularly with contractors and subcontractors providing services and project work on the resort’s premises whilst ensuring consistency in the performance of contractors.
- Prepare the department budget related to operational costs and manage the capital projects to achieve budgeted goals.
- Ensure full compliance of the prevailing Occupational Health & Safety legislation, relevant International Health & Safety guidelines and the related group policies.
- Develop and implement effective policies and procedures within the Maintenance department according to relevant standards and legislations.
- Facilitate on-the-job training in order to develop awareness for Maintenance Team Members in relation to operational aspects and maintenance.
- Infuse a motivating ambience within the Maintenance Team, promoting open communication and trust.
- Tertiary education at Degree level majoring in Engineering from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 4 or 5 in related fields.
- Qualifications in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design will be an advantage.
- Registration with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius (CRPE) or any other certified bodies will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the hospitality industry in the maintenance field.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience as Maintenance Manager or similar position.
- Excellent command of process control techniques and maintenance procedures.
- Prior experience with regulatory and documentation requirements related to maintenance standards.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Well versed with engineering/maintenance concepts, including electrical and mechanical systems.
- Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with Management and contractors.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Ability to manage time and tasks independently in order to meet set deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.