Main Purpose of the Job
The Lux Collective is Recruiting: Senior Business Development Manager
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible to develop and execute The LUX Collective (TLC) brands portfolio development plans according to the strategic direction of the Group for China.
The Senior Business Development Manager will work closely with the Senior Development Director, Asia Pacific with a view to accelerate China development process by establishing and cultivating a network of productive contacts, closely involved with real estate development companies, individual and institutional financial investors, hotel owners, hotel management companies, tourist bureaus, municipalities and governmental development bodies; sources leads through all possible channels.
The Job incumbent shall:
- Be able to leverage industry knowledge, as well as impact and influence skills to sign deals.
- Visit potential sites to report on each in the areas of location, impact issues, and brand suitability.
- Evaluate and convert appropriate potential leads into project. Work closely with internal and external departments to facilitate analysis, evaluation, approval and closure of prospective opportunities up to contract completion.
- Adopt a well balanced approach to quality and quantity of deals. Actively pursue accretive deals that makes financial sense for the Group.
- Provide comprehensive research data regarding viability of markets and preferred site location for TLC brands.
- Manage the structuring, negotiation and closing of the deals through the development process.
- Assist, after the signature of contracts, in any follow-up with owners on payments and related services if required.
- Facilitate follow-up, coordination of information and assistance on a variety of activities, completion of agreements and handover to operations up to opening.
- Maintain and nurture relationship with existing resort owners working in close collaboration with functional persons in the Corporate. Be involved in asset management efforts of the existing resorts under the Group.
- Be involved in periodic Development updates, client and projects database maintenance, corporate development activities and adhoc projects as requested.
- Degree in business management, finance or legal is highly appreciated.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the hospitality industry, including 3 years of which is related to Hotel project Business development.
- Highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with good command of English and Chinese/Mandarin.
- Profound knowledge in China hospitality industry and experience in project management and coordination
- Good people network and ability to communicate with Chinese partners independently
- Strong ability to interact confidently with a wide range of people and adapt easily to different cultures and personalities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Clean Certificate of Character is a must.