Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of PR & MARKETING MANAGER at SALT OF PALMAR, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Act as a strategic communication advisor to management by keeping track of public approach, flagging possible consequences or prospective decisions,
developing key messages and managing issues and crisis communications.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the resort’s public relations and marketing related activities in order to communicate promotions to all relevant target markets.
- Actively develop strategic media relations for more comprehensive coverage of marketing initiatives and events of the resort.
- Identify and develop integrated PR and social media property experience programs which capitalise on unique and newsworthy stories
as well as leveraging unexpected opportunities as they arise.
- Generate creative content for the website and various PR related pitching needs.
- Promote and enhance the image of the hotel through the company’s website, brochures, advertising campaigns,
events and on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Contribute to the maximisation of business opportunities through appropriate commercial initiatives.
- Follow up on developing competitor hotels (concepts, USPs, renovation, special campaigns, KOL’s marketing efforts, themed events etc.).
- Prepare and develop annual business plans, periodic forecasts and specific promotional, advertising and public relations targets for the resort.
- Liaise with the Regional Headquarters’ Sales & Marketing Team for the implementation of strategies for the resort.
The PR & Marketing Manager will report to the General Manager of SALT Of Palmar.
- Tertiary education at Degree Level in Marketing, Public Relations, or Tourism from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Marketing and/or Business Administration would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in Public Relations and/or Marketing in the hospitality industry at managerial level.
- International working experience with well-known hospitality brands.
- Extensive prior working experience with High-End Tour Operators.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Excellent knowledge in strategic planning and execution, contracting, negotiating and management.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations.
- Excellent knowledge of structuring quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language will be a definite advantage.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.