Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of TAILOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Mend, repair and alter Guest clothing and Team Members uniforms by hand, or using a sewing machine.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with team members and supervisors.
- Carries out punctual stocktaking of all items under his/her control as per SOP.
- Irons linen, uniforms and laundry as and when required.
- Document Guest request for laundry/ dry cleaning, minor repair and pressing garments in accordance with company specifications.
- Inspect uniform for damage and remove substandard uniforms from circulation and issue replacements.
- Mend and/ or sew Guest room items such as bed covers, curtains, cushions and so on.
- At least a Secondary schooling with Form 3 Level.
- National Certificate Level 3 in Laundry or equivalent qualifications.
- Recognised Apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- Previous working experience in the Laundry department in the hospitality industry is essential.
- A minimum of 2 Years of working experience in Tailor/ Seamstress.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A keen eye for details.
- Ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.