Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of STEWARDING SUPERVISOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Chief Steward in planning and coordinating the smooth and efficient operation of the Stewarding department.
- Coordinate the daily needs for equipments to be used in the various Food & Beverage outlets.
- Ensure regular maintenance of the dishwashing and other equipments, report defects and follow up.
- Order detergents and other materials as needed and prepare consumption report.
- Conduct frequent spot-checks within the Stewarding section in order to monitor compliance with established procedures and hygiene.
- Perform monthly stock inventory with the collaboration of the Chief Steward.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience as Senior Steward or Steward Supervisor in a 4 or 5-star resort.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team management and leadership skills to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Aware of and conform to the resort and Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on public holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.