Main Purpose of the Job
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of SPECIALTY DIM SUM CHEF (CHINESE) based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Make every memorable dining experience at LUX* Grand Baie begins behind the scenes with our Teams’ commitment to always strive to provide an exceptional culinary experience to our Guests.
- Lead and guide a dynamic team whilst engaging and inspiring them to create a truly spectacular dining experience.
- Plan and co-ordinate the smooth operation of the Kitchen as well as monitor and participate in all its food production areas.
- Actively participate to the development of knowledge and competencies of apprentices by providing continuous training and coaching sessions.
- At least a Professional culinary qualifications from a reputable educational institution.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as specialty Chef in high profile Restaurant or well known Hotels.
- Overall 12 years experience in the same specialised cuisine.
- Dim Sum Chef requires experience in high end restaurant of 5 stars hotel, Micheline Restaurant and in Top 50 Asian Restaurant.
- Japanese Chef needs to be trained by Japanese Master Chef and worked in Restaurant such as Nobu, Zuma or similar calibre as well as in a Top 50 Asian restaurant.
- Wok Chef need to have worked in at least one of the following, Shangri-la hotel, Mandarin oriental or similar type of hotels as a first wok as well in a top 50 Asian restaurant.
- Solid experience in the pre-opening of resorts will be a definite advantage.
- Proven track record and in-depth knowledge with regards to specialty cuisine.
- Passionate about service.
- High levels of integrity.
- Outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Extremely creative and innovative.
- Passionate culinarian with a great sense of presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.
- Selection and Recruitment of Kitchen brigade across all level.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems.
- Excellent command of Food & Beverages service management.
- Ability to effectively train and develop Team Members and build team morale.
- Valid food handler’s certificate.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English language.
- This position is open to candidates willing to relocate to Mauritius on single travelling status.