Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of SOUS CHEF at the Team Members Restaurant based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine/ Head Chef/Executive Sous Chef in planning and coordinating the smooth food production operation of the Team Member Restaurant.
- Supervise the Team Member Restaurant kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items by following the resort's SOPs and Menu guidelines for Team Members.
- Ensure consistent delivery of on-the-job training to subordinates and promote the standards.
- Monitor the preparation of food items for special orders, buffet presentation, VIP parties, and other functions.
- Monitor regular standards of production to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling and HACCP.
- Ensure that hygiene standards and food safety practices are implemented and followed at all times.
- Actively participate in and deliver LUX* Shining service to our Team Members.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 in food production or equivalent qualifications.
- At least a Higher National Diploma in Culinary Arts from a recognised institution would be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the position of Chef de Partie or a similar position in a 4 or 5-star resort.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.