Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of SOMMELIER based at LUX* GRAND Baie, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Deliver and demonstrate the best wine knowledge experience to Guests.
- Upsell all wine items available on the menu by making suggestions with suggestive selling techniques.
- Maximise upselling opportunities of all wine items available on the beverage card with the Guests.
- Ensure that the Guests are provided with an amazing wine experience.
- Keep up-to-date with wine trends and to share knowledge of wine with Guests in a professional manner.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 in Restaurant and Bar Service or equivalent qualifications.
- Advanced Certificate in wines and spirits would be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in Food & Beverage operations preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative skills.
- Dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of wine.
- Good understanding of how the wine and spirits industry works.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.