Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of SALES AND EVENTS COORDINATOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Provide administrative support the Sales and Marketing team.
- Assist in selling LUX* Grand Baie Resort & Residences facilities.
- Assist in catering and events services as directed by the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Actively participate in providing excellent service to Guests.
- Update and maintain database of Guests.
- Create event proposal which fit Guest/ Client requirements.
- Issue invoices and acknowledge payments in a timely manner.
- Assist in overseeing events of the day including welcoming Guests.
- Assist in updating the resort social media pages.
- Handle Guests complaints efficiently through appropriate intervention and according to the LUX* Resort and Hotels policy.
- Contribute to the maximisation of rooms’ revenue by identifying up-selling opportunities.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary Education at Advanced certificate or Diploma level majoring in Sales & Marketing or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a Sales and/or Marketing position in the hospitality industry.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Higher interactive and great team player.
- Excellent command of Mauritius as a tourist destination.
- Self-motivated and focused.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Well versed with digital marketing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French language.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- A clean Certificate of Character is a must.