Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring an SAFETY AND HEALTH OFFICER (Part-Time) based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to:
- Monitor, develop and implement effective Safety & Health policies and procedures whilst promoting a safe environment to all Team Members and Guests.
- Conduct frequent spot-checks, Safety & Health assessments and ensure compliance with Safety & Health legislations.
- Facilitate on-the-job training and coaching in order to develop occupational Health & Safety awareness and competencies for all Team Members.
- Promote best Health & Safety practices at the workplace.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent.
- Advanced or Higher qualifications in Occupational Safety and Health or Food Hygiene would be a definite advantage.
- Diploma Holder in Occupational Health & Safety from a recognised institution as defined in the OSH&W Act.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Working experience in the hospitality industry would constitute an advantage.
- Registered Health & Safety Officer under the OSH&W Act.
- Passionate about service.
- High levels of integrity.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fully conversant in Food Safety and HACCP.
- Well versed in Health & Safety Management trends.
- Strong knowledge of accident and incident investigations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Clean certificate of character is a must.