Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of ROOM SERVICE SUPERVISOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Room Service Manager for the day-to-day efficient operations of the Room Service department.
- Promote and maximise upselling opportunities with our Guests.
- Communicate with Guests as well as ensure that service quality standards and Guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Monitor the order taking processes and ensure the timely service of foods and drinks.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 in Restaurant and Bar Operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate or Diploma level majoring in Hospitality Management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience In Hotel or Institutional Catering Business, as Chef de Rang or in a similar position in a 4 or 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Room Service Chef de Rang. in the hospitality industry.
- High level of Integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.