Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Coordinate and supervise the daily Food & Beverage operations.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager and the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager in conducting frequent spot checks to ensure that work practices comply with the standard operating procedures of the Food & Beverage department.
- Communicate with Guests as well as ensure that service quality standards and Guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 in Restaurant and Bar Operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate or Diploma level majoring in Hospitality Management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Chef de Rang or in a similar position in a 4 or 5-star Resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.