Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of RESTAURANT MANAGER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Oversee and direct all the activities of the outlet and maintain the LUX* Resorts & Hotels' brand reputation.
- Co-ordinate and ensure the proper management of the outlet and its Team Members by creating a vibrant atmosphere through seamless service and attention to detail.
- Communicate with Guests as well as ensure that service quality standards and Guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Develop knowledge and competencies of subordinates by providing on-the-job training, coaching and as well as conducting performance appraisals.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and managing the costs of the outlet's operations.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 or 5 in Restaurant Operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate or Diploma level majoring in Hospitality Management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Outlet Manager or Assistant Outlet Manager (Restaurant) in a 5-star resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong team management and leadership skills to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.