Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of PASTRY CHEF based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in leading, coordinating and ensuring the smooth operations of all the Pastries food production areas.
- Supervise the work of the Pastry Cooks and assist in the preparation and presentation of high-quality pastries items.
- Actively participate in the creation of pastries and desserts menu.
- Communicate with guests and share feedbacks whilst ensuring that high standards of Guest service are maintained at all times.
- Ensure timely delivery of food items.
- Ensure continuous adherence to LUX* Resorts & Hotels standards of preparation, recipes and presentation within the Pastry section.
- Ensure that Health & Safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are followed properly at all times.
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling and HACCP.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificates level 4 or 5 in Pastry or in food production.
- A Certificate in a Culinary Schooling.
- An Advanced Certificate at Diploma Level in Culinary Arts and/or Pastry from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience as a Chef Baker in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Organisational and time management.
- Excellent team management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language will be a definite advantage.
- Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, Weekends and Public Holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.