Main Purpose of the Job
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of OPERATIONS MANAGER AI KISU (Restaurant & Club) based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Ensure high standards and high-quality service in the Restaurant, Bar and Club.
- Work in close collaboration with the DJ for the club entertainment.
- Emphasize on the Restaurant promotion to internal and external guests.
- Ensure and promote wine and spirits upselling.
- Create promotions with the Sales and Marketing Team at the property and Head Office.
- Market and promote the restaurant for special events and functions.
- Closely collaborate with the Executive Chef and Ai KISU Chef.
- Ensure that the Bar is always lively and create an attractive ambiance.
- Drive business and financial performance to achieve the yearly budget.
- Provide innovative suggestions to his/ her direct superiors and colleagues about service to strive to bring in innovation.
- Actively participate in the development of knowledge and competencies of subordinates by providing continuous training and coaching sessions.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary Education at Degree level in Hospitality Management or any other related field or equivalent qualifications.
- Worked in open high-end Asian modern restaurant, which is currently on the top 30 restaurants either in Asia, Europe or Middle East.
- Minimum of 5 years in Restaurant Operations Management.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry in either Hotels or freestanding restaurants.
- Worked in Hotels or free standing restaurants in major international cities.
- Extensive Knowledge of South East Asia F&B operation.
- Good knowledge of either wines or Sakes.
- Excellent knowledge of Sales and Marketing as well as events planning.
- Able to control, analyze all financial performances.
- Passionate about service.
- High levels of integrity.
- Outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Extremely creative and innovative.
- Passionate culinarian with a great sense of presentation.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organisational skills, performing workaccurately and efficiently.
- Excellent command of Food & Beverage Service Management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.
- Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
- Keep up to date with current South-East Asian Food trends.
- Ability to effectively train and develop Team Members and build team morale.
- Valid food handler’s certificate.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, and knowledge of French will be a definite advantage. A third language would also be a definite advantage.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.