Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of NIGHT MANAGER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The Night Duty Manager will oversee and direct the overall management of the operations during the night-shift in the absence of the General Manager whilst ensuring that Team Members are delivering exceptional Guest service at all times.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Supervise daily night shift operations of the resort to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the hotel’s operations.
- Supervise the Front Office Team to ensure prompt service in cases of early arrival or late departure of Guests.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures comply with the LUX* Resorts & Hotels’ standards and legal requirements.
- Conduct frequent Health and Safety checks and night walks to maintain awareness of all hotel areas whilst ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation, including Health, Safety & Hygiene, and employment legislation each night.
- Intervene in any Guest or Team Member situation and provide prompt solutions to solve any operating issues or complaints occurring at night in a professional and courteous manner.
- Lead and empower the night-shift Team Members by enhancing mutual trust, encouraging subordinates to give their best.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve Guest satisfaction.
- Tertiary education at Degree level from a recognised institution majoring in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management or Tourism Management or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the hospitality industry at managerial level.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar management position.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong managerial and administrative abilities; a task master with excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills.
- Contribute to a good social climate of the resort.
- Hands on person Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team and ensure the highest Team Member engagement levels.
- Self-starter, efficient with time management, technical skills and goal oriented.
- Highly interactive, people friendly and a great team player.
- Flexible with a 'can do' attitude.
- A thorough knowledge of resorts’ operating policies and standards would be expected.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French languages. Knowledge of a third language will be a definite advantage.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.