Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of LAUNDRY OPERATOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Operate and monitor the washing and dry cleaning of Guests’ Laundry and Team Members’ uniforms as well as other garments using the adequate amount of chemicals according to the types of garments.
- Classify laundry according to the categories of garments for washing and sort out separately torn or stained linen.
- Participate in the ironing and folding as well as distribution of uniforms and laundry as instructed.
- Ensure that Guests’ Laundry and garments are collected and delivered in the expected time of delivery.
- Ensure adherence to safety and security guidelines and report any maintenance hazard or defects to Superiors whenever required.
- At least a secondary schooling or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 in Laundry or equivalent qualifications.
- Recognised Apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience in the Laundry Operations preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Fully conversant with standard cleaning (Laundry) procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.