Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of LAUNDRY MANAGER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Monitor and supervise the daily shift of the laundry operations.
- Conduct regular spot-checks to ensure compliance of Team Members with all grooming, hygiene, safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent workhow to minimize peaks in production.
- Ensure that Guests’ Laundry is collected and delivered in the expected time of delivery.
- Verify that all equipments and accessories are in good working condition and takes appropriate action to correct any irregularities.
- Actively participate in the delivering of excellent service to Guests.
- Participate in the preparation of budget and cost controls.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 in Laundry or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the field, preferably in the Housekeeping department of a 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Laundry Manager of a 5-star resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Fully conversant with standard cleaning (Laundry) procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and French languages.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.