Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of KITCHEN COORDINATOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Provide assistance and administrative support to the Kitchen Team to ensure the effective and smooth running of the department.
- Provide secretarial support such as handling telephone calls, word processing, creating spreadsheets as well as compiling information and data whenever required.
- Assist in the processing of relevant documents (invoices, purchase requisitions, updating stocks/supplies and so on) under the supervision of the Executive Chef.
- Assist in classifying and filing all documents in an organised manner so that they are readily available on request for answering queries or preparing reports.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Secretarial or Administrative Studies or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in an administrative position.
- Prior working experience in the hospitality industry will be a definite advantage.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Keep up to date with current Food trends.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.