Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of JUNIOR SOUS CHEF for the Kitchen Section based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine in planning and coordinating the smooth operation of the food production areas of the Kitchen.
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times.
- Manage Food cost controls to contribute to Food & Beverage revenue.
- Support LUX* brand standards through training and assessment of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health & Safety standards.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 in food production or equivalent qualifications.
- Formal culinary training from a recognised institute is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in the position of Chef de Partie in a 5-star resort.
- High level of Integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must be proficient in safe food handling and HACCP.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Creative and innovative skills.
- Strong ability to work as a team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.