Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of IT ADMINISTRATOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Monitor and ensure that the technological equipment and the networking systems within the resort are working efficiently and effectively.
- Provide IT Support to Team Members including troubleshooting and backup as well as advise appropriate solutions to computer hardware and software application issues in line with the Group’s security procedures.
- Detect potential issues, provide the necessary preventive guidelines and determine upgrade requirements.
- Ascertain that all IT sections and services offered, comply with the prevailing laws both locally and internationally.
- Maintain and enhance a constant and proactive relationship with existing suppliers for the procurement of computer hardware and software.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Understand and manage different operating systems, hardware, database, networking and switching, Wi-Fi, firewall and telephony technologies.
- Liaise with the Group IT team at the Regional Head Quarters for implementation of IT procedures and strategies at the resort.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary Education at Degree or Diploma level majoring in Computer Sciences or Information Technology or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in IT or in LAN administration and implementation.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced IT-related trends skills.
- Excellent understanding of the business environment.
- Ability to take initiative and show creativity.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge in networking and troubleshooting. Knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Cisco IP telephony system and security appliances will be an advantage.
- Advanced Knowledge of Mobile Device Management, Backup Solution and Replication, Security Infrastructure - Endpoint Protection, Encryption, DLP and Storage management namely NFS, NAS, SAN.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French languages.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.