Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of HEAD SOMMELIER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Deliver and demonstrate the best wine knowledge to Guests.
- Upsell all wine items available on the menu by making suggestions with suggestive selling techniques.
- Supervise proper rotation aging and storage of all stocks of wines and spirits.
- Assess and revise the wine list in collaboration with F&B Manager.
- Maximise the aesthetic appeal of the Wine Outlets by making use of display and decoration items.
- Ensure that all wines are stored, presented and served to the required standards.
- Assist and ensure that the beverage sales forecasted for the restaurant are met.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate in wines and spirits or higher national diploma from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in fine dining restaurant in a luxury resort in a 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Keep up-to-date with wine trends.
- Extensive knowledge of Wines and Spirits.
- Hands-on experience, energetic and creative.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills in English and French. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of Micros.
- A charismatic personality.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, during weekends and public holidays.
- Proactivity in guests’ requests.
- A Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate
- A Clean Certificate of Character is a must.