Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of HEAD OF SPA AND WELLNESS based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Develop a truly world-class wellness offering at LUX* Grand Baie.
- Drive initiatives and journeys that will ensure that we stand out as being a true leader in the world of wellness.
- Lead and play an instrumental role in developing and establishing the wellness elements, including the Spa, Fitness, Recreation and Kids Club areas of LUX* ME.
- Develop and implement high-quality offerings and programmes for different needs and abilities.
- Ensure a circle of care is established and that the highest standards of LUX* ME philosophy are adhered to.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the LUX* ME Team and develop a highly motivated team.
- Drive financial direction of the spa and wellness, maximising all revenue opportunities, resources, and stock control.
- Provide guidance to guests and ensure that a high standard of service is maintained by the Spa and Wellness team at all times.
- Coordinate annual strategy and other promotional (social media) plans with the Sales and Marketing department and ensure the smooth implementation of the strategy and promotions.
- Develop annual training plan with the Training department and Group Trainer.
- Developing knowledge and competencies of the spa and wellness team by providing on-the-job training and coaching. facilities, and services to Guests.
- Completing all reports in a timely manner to facilitate the monitoring of KPI and action plans.
- Serve and support other departments through activities that promote wellness and healthy living.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Bachelor Degree in Health, Fitness & Leisure Management (or related field) from an internationally recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- Recognised qualification in Fitness/ Nutrition/ Ayurveda/ other wellness modalities education.
- Recognised qualification in Spa/Beauty therapy and/or management: CIBTAC or CIDESCO.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the wellness industry, preferably in a luxury 5-star environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience as a Spa & Wellness Manager.
- At least 3 years of working experience in team training or coaching.
- Excellent knowledge of integrated or holistic wellness approaches.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Actively taking part in daily wellness practices.
- Excellent understanding of movement, mindfulness, and nutrition.
- Well updated with developments in the spa and wellness industry.
- Efficient, organised, dynamic and well-groomed.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, as well as possessing the ability to motivate others.
- Outstanding sales capabilities.
- Organisational, financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to manage time and tasks independently to meet set deadlines.
- Organised, able to multitask and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekend and Public Holidays.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Strong ability to respond and adapt to various situations and circumstances.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.