Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of HEAD MIXOLOGIST based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Prepare, mix and serve new alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages whilst demonstrating high level of mixology knowledge.
- Provide the highest level of hospitality when preparing and providing beverages.
- Perform and assist Team in all necessary tasks to service beverages according to the Standard of Performance manual of the hotel (SOP).
- Conduct weekly on-the-job training sessions on beverage pouring practice, cocktail mixing, bottle flaring and up-selling.
- Work towards the timely set up of the bar areas and the completion of all mise en place works, in line with the opening hours.
- Delight the Guest by offering trend setting and innovative products and services.
- Participate in upselling activities and assist in maximizing revenue.
- Extend prompt services to all Guests and treat Guests and Team Members in a courteous manner.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate 4 or 5 in Bar operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate in Hospitality management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a 4-5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of bartending experience in a similar environment.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Well versed in cocktail preparation and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of drinks is preferred.
- Hands-on experience, energetic and outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills in English and French. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Organise and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of Micros.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, during weekends and public holidays.
- A Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A Clean Certificate of Character is a must.