Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of HEAD CONCIERGE based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Welcome and acknowledge all Guests.
- Plan and coordinate the smooth operation of the Conciergerie.
- Oversee the provision of excellent service to Guests.
- Handle Guest complaint efficiently.
- Promote and sell F&B outlets.
- Conduct frequent spot-checks within the Conciergerie section.
- Take reservations of Guests for restaurants and tours.
- Communicate Guests’ likes and dislikes to Reception and Guest Relations, so as to update Guests’ history files.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 in Front Office operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Advanced certificate or Diploma Level in the Hotel Management or Tourism Management or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in Hotel industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position as Front Office supervisor in a 5-star resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Efficient, organised, dynamic and well groomed.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Outstanding sales capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of property management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Opera System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekend and Public Holidays.
- Strong ability to respond and adapt to various situations and circumstances.
- A clean Certificate of Character is a must.