Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of HEAD BUTLER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Maintain LUX* Standards of cleanliness and up keep of the villas at all times.
- Work closely with the maintenance team to ensure good working orderof all equipment, the pre-planning and prioritising of the necessary work are being done.
- Ensure that LUX shining services are delivered to the Guests at all times.
- Check amenities and replenishment as per established checklist and Guest’s preferences.
- Assist the butlers in performing their housekeeping duties.
- Assist the Front of the House Manager in ensuring the orderly flow of information.
- Develop knowledge and competencies of subordinates by providing on-the-job training, coaching and conducting performance appraisals.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National certificate Level 4 or 5 in Food & Beverage operations/Housekeeping or equivalent qualifications.
- At least a Diploma or Degree from a recognised institution, majoring in Hotel Management or Tourism Management.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position in a luxury resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Strong team management and leadership skills to lead motivate and develop subordinates.
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, during weekends and public holidays.
- Proactivity in guests’ requests.
- A Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A Clean Certificate of Character is a must.