Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of HEAD BARISTA based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Deliver the best coffee experience to every Guest.
- Brew coffee, make and serve beverages drinks as per LUX* Resorts & Hotels Standards.
- Maintain stock levels and demonstrate the product knowledge to Guests by advising them and making suggestions.
- Oversee a Team of Baristas as well as the daily operations of the Outlet.
- Ensure that the outlet meets quality and food service regulatory requirements and make sure Guests are provided with the LUX shining service.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificates in Food & Beverages (Bar operation) or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar position in a 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as Barista in a reputable coffee shop as Barista.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of coffee drinks is preferred.
- Hands-on experience, energetic and creative.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills in English and French.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of Micros.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, during weekends and public holidays.
- A Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A Clean Certificate of Character is a must.