Main Purpose of the Job
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of GUEST RELATION OFFICER – GERMAN SPEAKING based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Welcome, greet, answer and handle queries of Guests in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent service, assistance and guidance courteously to the Guests as per the LUX* Resorts & Hotels policies and procedures at all times.
- Promote all the facilities and services offered at the resort.
- Be proactive and have knowledge on pre-arrival planning for appropriate Guest recognition.
- Assist in handling Guest complaints and queries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Take care of Guests from their arrival through to their departure.
- Contribute to Guest satisfaction by providing high quality services throughout their stay.
- Coordinate the arrival, stay and departure experience to ensure a seamless experience.
- Assist the Front Office team with translations for German-speaking Guests.
- Coordinate with the Front Office Manager and Housekeeping departments to ensure preferences are consistently met.
- At least Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 4 in Front Office Operation.
- Advanced Certificate or Diploma level in Tourism Management or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar position.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry preferably in a 5-star resort.
- A recognised Apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Efficient, organised, dynamic and well groomed.
- Basic knowledge of Opera System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekend and Public Holidays.
- Strong ability to respond and adapt to various situations and circumstances.
- A clean Certificate of Character is a must.