Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Oversee the smooth and efficient operations of the Guest Relations section and its Team Members.
- Check the daily reports with the Guest Relations section and review them with the Front Office Manager to correct any arising operational problem.
- Promote and sell the various facilities and services of the Resort, according to targets set by management.
- Monitor compliance of Guest Relations Team Member with grooming and hygiene, and with safety regulations and procedures as well as SOP(s) at all times.
- Co-ordinate the organisation of various functions at the Resort and ensure proper flow of information between all departments involved.
- Liaise with Tour Operators and external providers regarding guest requirements for functions such as wedding, receptions, etc.
- Contribute to Guest satisfaction at all times by providing LUX* Shining services through their stay.
- At least a Higher school certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National certificate in Front Office operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary educational Degree level majoring in Tourism or Hotel Management from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in Front of House Operations.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar position in an international branded resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
Efficient, organised, dynamic and well groomed.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Strong knowledge of property management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Opera System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekend and Public Holidays.
- Strong ability to respond and adapt to various situations and circumstances.
- A clean Certificate of Character is a must.