Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan the smooth operation of the Front of the House Team (Reception, Public Relations, Villas and Conciergerie).
- Oversee the delivery of LUX* Shining.
- Welcome all the Guests or Groups.
- Deal with Guest complaints efficiently.
- Provide facilities to educational tours and supplies Guest with resort features.
- Conduct frequent spot-checks.
- Closely monitor expenses to respect the established budget line.
- Maximise upselling opportunities of the Front of House operations.
- Develop knowledge of competencies of subordinates by providing on-the-job training, coaching and conducting performance appraisal.
- At least a Higher school certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National certificate in Front Office operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary educational Degree level majoring in Tourism or Hotel Management from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in Front of House Operations.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position in an international branded resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Efficient, organised, dynamic and well groomed.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Strong knowledge of property management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Opera System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekend and Public Holidays.
- Strong ability to respond and adapt to various situations and circumstances.
- A clean Certificate of Character is a must.