Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of FOOD AND BEVERAGES EVENTS COORDINATOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Prepare events orders by working closely with the F&B team as per specific guest needs and request.
- Draft and prepare F&B events documents and materials such as proposals contracts, change forms and all other inter-departmental forms accurately.
- Answer and handling F&B events calls and outdoor catering sales enquiries and direct them to the appropriate department for handling.
- Work closely with the F&B Manager to ensure all aspects of the event have been cost effective and serviced both Guest/Clients and hotel needs.
- Meet, greet, tour, inspect and monitor events venues and presentation.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 3 in Food and Beverage operation or equivalent qualifications.
- Recognised Apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as in the Food and Beverage department in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience in similar position in a 5-star resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
Efficient, organised, dynamic and well groomed.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekend and Public Holidays.
- Strong ability to respond and adapt to various situations and circumstances.
- A Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A Clean Certificate of Character is a must.