Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Executive Chef in leading, coordinating and ensuring the smooth operations of all the food production areas.
- Create, plan and develop unique deserts menus, pastries and recipes.
- Ensure consistency in the preparation and presentation of all food items.
- Develop creative menu planning to minimise wastage.
- Supervise the work of the Kitchen Team Members and assist in the preparation and presentation of high-quality pastries items.
- Actively participate in the creation of pastries and desserts menu.
- Communicate with Guests and share feedbacks whilst ensuring that high standards of Guest service are maintained at all times.
- Ensure timely delivery of food items.
- Ensure continuous adherence to LUX* Resorts & Hotels standards of preparation, recipes and presentation within the food production section.
- Ensure that Health & Safety, hygiene and sanitation practices are followed properly at all times.
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling and HACCP.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate and coach all Team Members in the Pastry section.
- At least a professional Culinary qualifications at Diploma or Higher National Diploma Level from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of Culinary working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 7 years of working experience abroad at international luxury brands.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Chef de Cuisine with well-renowned international luxury hospitality brands.
- Working Experience in top branded luxury hotels would be a definite advantage.
- High level of Integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Passionate culinarian with a great sense of presentation.
- Proactive, dynamic and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational skills, performing work accountable and effectively.
- Excellent command of Food & Beverage Service Management.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Extremely creative and innovative.
- Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Keep up to date with current food trends.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.