Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Manage the resort’s Housekeeping Team and ensure the effective and smooth day-to-day operations of the department in order to exceed Guest, inter-departmental and Team Members’ expectations.
- Ensure that occupied and vacant rooms as well as public areas have been efficiently cleaned and serviced to the Brand’s Standards.
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety regulations and Brand’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct daily housekeeping operations meetings including but not limited to pre-shift briefings as well as attend and co-facilitate monthly departmental meetings.
- Efficiently handle Guests queries and concerns and follow through on required actions.
- Develop knowledge and competencies of subordinates by providing on-the-job training and coaching.
- Actively participate in the preparation of budgets and manage the costs of the Housekeeping operations.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate Level or Diploma majoring in Hotel Management, Tourism Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the Housekeeping Department of a 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Assistant Executive Housekeeper or 4 years of working experience as Head Housekeeper preferably in a 5-star resort.
- International exposure in 5-star resort or hotel would be a definite advantage.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Organizational, financial and analytical skills.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Ability to manage time and tasks independently in order to meet set deadlines.
- Fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language will be a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge in Opera Property Management Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Clean certificate of character is a must.