Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER IN CHARGE OF FOOD & BEVERAGES based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Lead, coordinate, develop and implement the Food & Beverage strategies of the hotel to meet the Food & Beverage operational objectives.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient coordination of all Food & Beverage outlets of the hotel.
- Oversee and direct all food and beverage service and production activities of the outlets whilst ensuring that the LUX* Resorts & Hotels' brand reputation is maintained.
- Lead the Food & Beverage Team by enhancing mutual trust, encouraging subordinates to give their best.
- Actively participate in Team Members’ planning to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the outlets.
- Communicate with Guests as well as ensure that service quality standards and Guest satisfaction are maintained and exceeded.
- Ensure an active presence during special events and banqueting functions.
- Develop knowledge and competencies of subordinates by providing on-the-job training, coaching and as well as conducting performance appraisals.
- Conduct frequent spot checks within the Food & Beverage department to monitor compliance of Team Members concerning grooming, hygiene and safety regulations as well as the Standard Operating Procedures of the hotel.
- Maximise upselling opportunities of the Food & Beverage outlets.
- Participate actively in the preparation of budgets of the Food & Beverage operations.
- Participate and report on management regarding sales and productivity results.
- Implement effective control of Food & Beverage costs among all the outlets.
- Liaise with the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef to coordinate all operational personnel, financial of their respective unit.
- Actively participate in and oversee the provision of excellent service to Guests.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 or 5 in Restaurant and Bar Service or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary Education at Advanced Diploma or Degree Level majoring in Hospitality Management or Food & Beverage Management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in Food & Beverage operations preferably in a 5-star resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Assistant Food & Beverage Manager preferably in a 5-star resort.
- Prior working experience as Food & Beverage Manager in a 5-star resort would be a definite advantage.
- Excellent command of Hospitality and Food & Beverage Service Management.
- International working experience with well-known brands would be a definite advantage.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Self- starter, efficient with time management, technical skills and goal oriented.
- Highly interactive, people friendly and a great team player.
- Strong team management and leadership skills to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Creative and innovative.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage trends with a strong focus on quality, production, food, cost controls, presentation and marketing.
- Fully conversant with HACCP guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of Micros.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language will be a definite advantage.
- Willingness to work odd hours, weekends as well as on public holidays.
- Readiness to act as Duty Manager.
- Valid food handlers’ certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.