Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan, implement and supervise the day-to-day operations in relation to safety and security of Guests, Team Members, Contractors and Visitors at the resort.
- Manage the security team, the security systems as well as the security policies and procedures.
- Develop the knowledge and competencies of Security Team Members by organising and facilitating on-the-job training and coaching sessions.
- Oversee and advise Management on all security related matters across the resort.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with the Police Force and other related bodies for any security matters such as emergency services and local authorities.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary Education at Advanced Certificate or Diploma Level in Security Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the security field as Chief Security Officer preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Prior working experience in the Mauritian Police Force would be a definite advantage.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Strong team management and leadership skills in order to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Genuine and proactive individual with a professional and approachable character.
- Strong knowledge of security related systems, practices, legislations and latest technologies.
- Strong knowledge in conducting investigations.
- Excellent risk management skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent physical fitness and physique.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office package.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and Public Holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.