Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of CHIEF BUTCHER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Participate and assist in cutting precisely and prepare various varieties of meat for cooking whilst avoiding waste.
- Inspect and ensure that all meat products are according to the food hygiene guidelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling and HACCP.
- Handle safely and appropriately butchers’ cutlery tools according to the Health & Safety practices.
- At least a Secondary schooling or equivalent qualifications.
- National certificate level 3 in Butchery.
- Prior working experience as Butcher in the hospitality or catering industry will be an advantage.
- Passionate about service.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of meat-cutting skills.
- Creative in terms of quality and food presentation.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.