Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of CHIEF BAKER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Executive Chef and/or Executive Pastry Chef in leading and organising the Bakery operations.
- Ensure consistent delivery of on-the-job training to develop knowledge and competencies of subordinates as well as continuously enhance the standards of food items, presentation and service.
- Actively participate in the preparation and production of all baked food items by applying the highest culinary standards.
- Actively participate in all "mise en place".
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling and HACCP.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 in food production or Bakery or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 2 years of culinary schooling.
- A minimum of 9 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience as Baker or in a similar position in a 4 or 5-star resort.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Innovative, proactive and reliable.
- Creative in terms of quality and food presentation.
- Strong team management and leadership skills to lead, motivate and develop subordinates.
- Up to date with current baked food trends.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.