Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of CHEF DE PARTIE for the Kitchen Section based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan the smooth and efficient daily operations of the Kitchen areas.
- Actively participate in the setting up and preparation of food items.
- Ensure that high standards of quality service are delivered to Guests at all times.
- Prepare food by using the highest standards of food items in the preparation of all menu items.
- Comply with Food Safety Practices as well as comply with hygiene & safety regulations of the kitchen at all times.
- Understand, monitor and ensure opening and closing procedures for assigned production areas; ensure and follow through with subordinates.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 or equivalent qualifications.
- Formal culinary training from a recognised institution or recognised apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Demi Chef de Partie or similar position in a 5-star resort.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative.
- Passionate culinarian with a great sense of presentation.
- Strong ability to work as a team player.
- Good communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.