Main Purpose of the Job
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of CHEF DE CUISINE SPECIALTY- Gastronomic Asian Cuisine based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
Every memorable dining experience at LUX* Grand Baie begins behind the scenes with our Teams’ commitment to always strive to provide an exceptional culinary experience to our Guests.
Ai KISU adorned with modern Japanese art is a contemporary Asian Cuisine. It is an open kitchen with an impressive Warayaki straw cooking method having a capacity of 103 covers.
The incumbent will lead and guide a dynamic team at Ai KISU, our Gastronomic Asian Cuisine whilst engaging and inspiring each one of them to create a truly spectacular dining experience.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Participate in the preparation of Contemporary Asian dishes (Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Southeast Asian, Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian) as per menu specifications and recipes.
- Provide innovative suggestions to his/ her direct superiors and colleagues about recipes, menus and general ways to strive to bring in innovation.
- Actively perform his/her duties in all food production areas of the Kitchen Department as required by the exigencies of service.
- Ensure that the dishes are always prepared and presented in the most appealing and appetising manner.
- Ensure high standards and high-quality dishes are delivered at all times.
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling practices and HACCP.
- Actively participate in the development of knowledge and competencies of apprentices by providing continuous training and coaching sessions.
- At least a Professional Culinary qualifications at Diploma or Higher National Diploma Level in Japanese or Southeast Asian Cuisine from a reputable educational institution.
- A minimum of 4 years of working experience as Specialty Chef preferably in 5 stars hotels or Award-winning Independent restaurant groups.
- Working experience as a Specialty Chef displaying strong knowledge of South-East Asian and Japanese cuisines.
- International working experience with reputable brands would be a definite advantage.
- Strong working experience in the pre-opening of resorts will be a definite advantage.
- Excellent command of Warayaki straw cooking method.
- Passionate about service.
- High levels of integrity.
- Outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Extremely creative and innovative.
- Passionate culinarian with a great sense of presentation.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organisational skills, performing.
- work accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent command of Food & Beverage Service Management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.
- Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
- Keep up to date with current South-East Asian Food trends.
- Ensure costs are kept under control and revenues are maximised.
- Ability to effectively train and develop Team Members and build team morale.
- Valid food handler’s certificate.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, and knowledge of French, Mandarin/ Japanese will be a definite advantage
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.