Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of CHEF DE CUISINE for the Kitchen Section based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Participate in the preparation of food as per menu specifications and recipes.
- Provide innovative suggestions to his/ her direct superiors and colleagues about recipes, menus and general ways to strive to bring in innovation.
- Actively perform his/her duties in all food production areas of the Kitchen Department as required by the exigencies of service.
- Ensure that the dishes are always prepared and presented in the most appealing and appetizing manner.
- Ensure high standards and high-quality dishes are delivered.
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe food handling practices and HACCP.
- At least a Professional Culinary qualifications at Diploma or Higher National Diploma Level from a reputable educational institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Chef de Cuisine preferably in a 5-star resort.
- International working experience with reputable brands would be a definite advantage.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of Integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Passionate culinarian with a great sense of presentation.
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organisational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent command of Food & Beverage Service Management.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, in teams and on own.
- Keep up to date with current Food trends.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of modern cuisine.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and French languages.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.