Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of BEACH SERVICE SUPERVISOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily beach service operations as per instructions of the Outlet Manager.
- Assist the Outlet Manager in conducting frequent spot checks to ensure that work practices comply with the standard operating procedures of the beach service operations.
- Communicate with Guests as well as ensure that service quality standards and Guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
- Oversee and maintain excellent service delivery to each guest.
- Maintain a daily logbook for recording events in the bar section and regularly review it with the Outlet Manager to correct any arising operational problem.
- Increase sales through making suggestions, proposing additional items and making use of suggestive selling techniques.
- Monitor compliance of the beach Team Members with grooming, hygiene and safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with SGS, internal quality and hygiene standards.
- Submit maintenance request for repairs or replacement of defective equipment within the assigned section.
- Assist the Outlet Manager in conducting stock inventory as per Finance Department every month.
- Check at all times the billing procedures.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 in Restaurant and Bar Operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate or Diploma level majoring in Hospitality Management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as a Chef de Rang or in a similar position in a 4 or 5-star resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.