Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of BAR SUPERVISOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily Bar operations as per instructions of the Bar Manager.
- Assist the Bar Manager and/ the Outlet Manager in conducting frequent spot checks to ensure that work practices comply with the standard operating procedures of the Bar service operations.
- Communicate with Guests as well as ensure that service quality standards and Guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
- Oversee and maintain excellent service delivery to each Guest.
- Maintain a daily logbook for recording events in the bar section and regularly review it with the Bar Manager to correct any arising operational problem.
- Increase sales through making suggestions, proposing additional items and making use of suggestive selling techniques.
- Monitor compliance of the Bar Team Members with grooming, hygiene and safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with SGS, internal quality and hygiene standards.
- Submit maintenance request for repairs or replacement of defective equipment within the assigned section.
- Assist the Bar Manager in conducting stock inventory as per Finance Department every month.
- Maximise the aesthetic appeal of the bar by use of display, decoration items and buffet ups.
- Check at all times the billing procedures.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 4 in Restaurant and Bar Operations or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advanced Certificate or Diploma level majoring in Hospitality Management from a recognised institution or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as Bartender or in a similar position in a 4 or 5-star resort.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language would be a definite advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on Public Holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.