Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of BARISTA based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Ensure that the outlet meets quality and food service regulatory requirements and make sure Guests are provided with LUX* Shining service.
- Provide an efficient and effective service to Guests understanding their needs and requirements whilst working to exceed and maintain the Brand's reputation.
- Brew coffee, make and serve beverages drinks (including the design of coffee arts) as per LUX* Resorts & Hotels standards.
- Operate the till, maintain stock levels and demonstrate the product knowledge to customers by advising them and making suggestions.
- This role is a strong hospitality element and must ensure that the outlet delivers high-quality food, coffee and excellent customer service at all times.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate Level 3 in Food Production or equivalent qualifications.
- Recognised Apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in Food & Beverage operations preferably in a 5-star resort.
- Experience in retail/speciality store or food establishment preferred.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with outstanding interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. A third language will be a definite advantage.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on public holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.