Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of ASSISTANT IT ADMINISTRATOR based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Monitor and ensure that the technological equipment and the networking systems within the resort are working efficiently and effectively.
- Regularly monitor all computers/ laptops and emails to prevent the infiltration of any computer viruses, spams and malware on the company network.
- Provide IT Support to Team Members including troubleshooting and backup as well as advise appropriate solutions to computer hardware and software application issues in line with the Group’s security procedures.
- Oversee and monitor the computer programming activities and Local Area Network (LAN) administration.
- Detect potential issues, provide the necessary preventive guidelines and determine upgrade requirements.
- Ensure that all operating system and software used are genuine and updated regularly.
- Answer to Team Member queries on all supported applications.
- Assist and answer Guests IT queries at the resort.
- Determine the sources of Computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.) and advise Team Members on appropriate actions.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary Education at Degree or Diploma level majoring in Computer Sciences or Information Technology or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as IT Office or IT Coordinator preferably in the hospitality industry.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced IT-related trends skills.
- Excellent understanding of the business environment.
- Ability to take initiative and show creativity.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge in networking and troubleshooting. Knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Cisco IP telephony system and in security appliances would be a definite advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French languages.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.