Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of ASSISTANT HANDYPERSON based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist in carrying out maintenance works and repair services across the resort.
- Follow up on any pending maintenance items that may be on order and keep superior updated on assignments.
- Keep all equipments clean and in good repair by providing day-to-day maintenance, under the direction of superiors.
- Assist in various project works and duties according to health and safety regulations as instructed by superiors.
- Create a safe work environment for co-worker by completing all work assigned in a safe and professional manner.
- Follow preventive maintenance schedule on the hotel's electrical systems.
- Secondary schooling with at least Form III level.
- National Certificate Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or vocational training in Electrical Maintenance or equivalent qualifications (National Apprenticeship Scheme).
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience as a Maintenance Helper preferably in the hotel industry.
- Passionate about service.
- High levels of integrity.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude.
- Strong positive can-do attitude.
- Innovative and creative.
- Knowledge of Hotel maintenance needs would be a definite advantage.
- Ability to manage time and tasks independently to meet set deadlines.
- Good verbal communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A Clean certificate of character is a must.