Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper to ensure the proper management of the day-to-day housekeeping operations and its Team Members.
- Oversee the efficient application and professional execution of all the LUX* Resorts & Hotels Standard Operating Procedures about the Housekeeping department.
- Supervise and ensure efficient cleaning and servicing operations to rooms and service areas as allocated.
- Systematically checks all rooms (departures, stays, ready vacant rooms) to ensure they have been cleaned and serviced to LUX* Resorts & Hotels’ Standards.
- Supervise the work of the Valet and Maids, providing assistance and support as per the resort’s standards.
- Ensure all departmental practices and procedures are followed and implemented.
- Adhere to Health & Safety Regulations at all times.
- At least a School Certificate or equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary education at Advance Certificate Level or Degree majoring in Hotel Management, Tourism Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the Housekeeping Department of a 5-star Resort.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position or 4 years of working experience as Head Housekeeper in a 5-star Resort.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Creative and innovative
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding customer service skills.
- Fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical.
- Organized and demonstrate good planning skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Clean certificate of character is a must.