Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of ASSISTANT COOK for the Kitchen Section based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist in the preparation of all food items for the outlet(s).
- Prepare the “mise en place” of food items according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Always adhere to LUX* Resorts & Hotels standards of preparation recipes and presentation.
- Follow proper Health & Safety, hygiene and sanitation practices.
- At least a Secondary schooling or equivalent qualifications.
- National Certificate level 3 in food production or equivalent qualifications.
- Recognised apprenticeship will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience as Kitchen Commis or similar position preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Prior experience in the catering industry will be an advantage.
- High level of integrity.
- Passionate about service.
- Innovative, proactive and reliable.
- Versatile and resourceful.
- Creative in terms of quality and food presentation.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Valid Food Handlers’ Certificate.
- Willingness to work during odd hours, weekends and public holidays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.