Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively.
The Lux Collective is hiring for the position of ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT based at LUX* GRAND BAIE, MAURITIUS.
The incumbent will be responsible to:
- Reconcile supplier statements and deal with day to day queries.
- Liaise, assist and submit daily relevant analyses to the team.
- Prepare journal entries and post them onto the accounting software.
- Tally and reconcile the daily sales income with the till roll report.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly VAT Return, TDS Return and PAYE.
- Post accruals and prepayments.
- Monitor bank reconciliations on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports; such as the management account and statutory accounts.
- Assist in Adhoc projects.
- At least a Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualifications, with pass in Accounting.
- Tertiary Education at Advanced Certificate Level in Accounting or related fields from a recognised institution or equivalent.
- ACCA Level 1 or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 1 year of working experience in an Accounting department preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge in Accounting operations will be a definite advantage.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Passionate about service.
- Proactive, dynamic, flexible and professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Good Mathematical acumen.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Self-starter, technical skills and goal-oriented.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent knowledge of POS System and Micros.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages. Willingness to work during odd hours on weekdays and Saturdays.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.