Main Purpose of the Job
Kindly note that the advert is open to Mauritian Nationals exclusively.
LUX* Resorts & Hotels is hiring for the position of RESIDENT MANAGER at LUX* GRAND GAUBE, MAURITIUS.
The successful incumbent will be responsible to:
- Assist the General Manager in planning, implementing, organising and coordinating the smooth and efficient day to day operations of LUX* Grand Gaube.
- Assist the General Manager in leading, developing and inspiring the management team, encouraging accountability for team and individual performance.
- Actively participate in budgetary preparations and cost control throughout the operational departments whilst maximizing revenue and profitability.
- Assist the General Manager in the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Assist the General Manager in keeping the LUX* Grand Gaube team focused on the critical success factors which drive Guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Strive to maintain profit margins without compromising Guest or Team Member satisfaction.
- Influence, negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establishing ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
- Identify and analyze operational challenges and facilitate the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives and have a primary focus on Guest satisfaction and experience.
- Provide effective leadership to the Management Team and Team Members to ensure that targets are met and exceeded.
- Foster Team Member commitment to providing excellent service, participate in daily meetings and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Team Members.
- Act as a role model for all Team Members, clearly demonstrating the LUX* Resorts & Hotels hallmarks, guiding principles and leadership competencies, and ensuring they are embedded throughout the resort.
- Ensure learning and development opportunities are provided for all Team Members, to develop capability and skills and to support Team Member growth.
- Ensure the resort complies with all applicable regulations and legislation, including Health, Safety & Hygiene, employment legislation and financial reporting.
- Degree Holder from a recognised institution majoring in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management or Tourism Management or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Management or related fields would be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in the hospitality industry at managerial level preferably with luxury international brands.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar management position, preferably with luxury international brands.
- Excellent command of Hospitality and Food & Beverage service management.
- Passionate about service.
- High level of integrity.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong managerial and administrative abilities; a task master with excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team and ensure the highest Team Member engagement levels.
- Self-starter, efficient with time management, technical skills and goal oriented.
- Highly interactive, people friendly and a great team player.
- Possess strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A thorough knowledge of resorts’ operating policies and standards would be expected. The incumbent will act as the guardian of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French languages. Knowledge of a third language will be a definite advantage.
- A clean certificate of character is a must.