LUX* Maldives is holding auditions for the role of Executive Sous Chef
The successful candidate should be a passionate and dynamic Kitchen professional and has the ability to deliver extraordinary levels of guest service as well as provide creative solutions to our guest.
The Executive Sous Chef will be responsible to run a profitable kitchen by maintaining a high level of food and service quality and guest satisfaction.
The incumbent will report to the Executive Chef in the daily food production operation at LUX* Maldives.
The Executive Sous Chef will be responsible to:
- Work with the Executive Chef on managing all functions of the food production and quality improvement.
- Assist the Executive Chef in designing, implementing and overseeing special events snad special food promotions.
- Monitor regular standards of food production to ensure highest level of quality in all kitchens along with food tasting and recording.
- Ensure that HACCP standards are implemented and the appropriate hygiene standards are followed as per the local and internal requirements at all times in all working areas in order to achieve the desired results.
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipments, suppliers, markets and current trends.
- Monitor local competitiors and compare their operation with the resort's food production operation.
- Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the resort's food cost and other budgeted costs.
The Executive Sous Chef should also possess a strong knowledge in administrative work, communication skills, Health and Safety as well as a basis knowledge of kitchen financials.